[ODE] Croteam's optimizations

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Tue May 11 10:57:19 MST 2004

Hi Brian,
BK> I know they were contributing collision code to ODE
    But ODE didn't make use of them yet. I'm (slowly) porting their
    flat cylinder colliders to ODE. I had finished cylinder-box, and
    cylinder-sphere but get stuck in cylinder - cylinder. So I may
    make a go for cylinder-trimesh and come back to cylinder-cylinder
    later.

    About the capped cylinder vs trimesh, I had finished and sent to
    Russ but I don't know why it wasn't used. I can say it much much
    more robust than current Vadim's code. ;)

    Russ! I'll clean up that capped cylinder - trimesh code when I
    finished flat cylinder. But you may at least put it to contribute
    so that every one can play with it. It may contain bug and
    community feedback is what Croteam expected when they generously
    contribute their code to us.

    My 2 cents.

--
Best regards,