[ODE] dWorldStep vs dWorldStepFast1

zappone at cli.di.unipi.it zappone at cli.di.unipi.it
Mon May 10 22:23:38 MST 2004

Hi,
i have a pair of problems.
1)
I have a sphere (dGeomCreateSphere) that hits against a wall (dCreatePlane).
The contact points have the following features:

     cnt[i].surface.mu = dInfinity;
     cnt[i].surface.mode = dContactSlip2;
     cnt[i].surface.slip2 = dInfinity;

The effect that i would like have is that the sphere follow the wall and,to
second of the velocity with which it hits against the wall,jumps a little.
I premise that the camera follow the sphere (the camera is fixed respect to the
sphere).
I have noticed that using dWorldStep(world,0.01) go all well,instead using
dWorldStepFast1(world,0.01,20) the sphere turns on itself to large velocity.

2)
I have noticed that using a sphere the collision go well,instead using a box
(dCreateBox) it hits against the wall but go down instead turn back. Why?

3)
I read on the ODE tutorial that to have a static object i do :
dGeomSetBody(body,0). But when i do that the system crash!Why???

Exuse me for my english!
Thanks a lot
zapnic