Antwort: [ODE] Bumpy car.

Michael.Rauh at Dornier.eads.net Michael.Rauh at Dornier.eads.net
Thu May 6 09:05:01 MST 2004

Does your car has a very large mass? I noticed that behaviour with my own
car when setting the mass to something like several thousand.

                      "Janis
                      Legzdinsh"               An:      ode at q12.org
                      <vavoom at vavoom-e         Kopie:
                      ngine.com>               Thema:   [ODE] Bumpy car.
                      Gesendet von:
                      ode-bounces at q12.
                      org

                      05.05.2004 17:46

Hi, Guys,

Little background: car simulation project, simple car, built  with 4
hinge2 joints. Use ODE (version from CVS) with OPCODE. There is  some
buggy behavior. When I start movement my car behaves like it is on a
bumpy road, wheels are jumping without any known reason, though ground
is a flat pane. It looks like 2nd  Axis of a joint starts spinning
around.  I tried to play with params  for contact joint but it did not
help  much. So, maybe, someone  can give a good reason for such behave?

Thanx, Andriy