[ODE] Irregular shape to collision dection ?

Jeffrey Smith jeffreys at Softimage.com
Wed May 5 10:38:28 MST 2004

Liu Wei-Wen wrote:
> Could you please show me where can I find the samples "bunny" model for
> Trimesh collision.
> thanks a lot .
> PLEASE .

Several of the most common "standard" models can be found on Michael Garland's
old CMU webpage (he is now a professor at UIUC):

http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~garland/research/quadrics.html

(Links to the models are at the bottom of the page, under the heading "sample
data").  These models are in his "SMF" format, which is like Alias/Wavefront's
OBJ format, except vertex numbering begins at "1" instead of "0."

A more extensive source of models can be found at Stanford:

http://www.graphics.stanford.edu/data/

Be warned, however, that some of these models are enormous (up to tens of
millions of faces).  Of course, you can use Garland's qslim package to robustly
simplify these models to a more reasonable size.

Jeff