[ODE] New to List

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Tue May 4 06:13:36 MST 2004

Hello All,

I am new to this list and have recently downloaded the ODE library for a
project that I and trying to organize so I want to see if ODE can do the
job for what I need.

Actually, my project is using the Open Scene Graph for Linux and I need
to add in some Physics. Came across ODE and it looked like a potential
match for this.

I downloaded the code and compiled things and was very impressed with
the results although the .test_collision demo did not run and crashes
out, all of the others seem to run just fine.

My question is if some one can give me an idea on how I can use my own
graphic system with ODE?

I saw the demos, but they have their own built-in opengl graphic system
that seems to be interfaced after you create the world.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me to understand some
of the basics here.

Thanks in advance,
Lonnie