[ODE] Framerate cost of adding joints !!!

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon May 3 09:19:49 MST 2004

Where does VTune say you're spending your time?

Are you using an optimized releaes mode build?

Are you locked to the monitor refresh? I e, if you remove rendering, or only render every tenth frame, what happens?

Last, you don't need fixed joints for mass distribution; use dMassXxxx() to translate and add different masses into a single Mass which can be set on a single body. That's the beauty of the inertia tensor!

Cheers,

			/ h+