[ODE] Question about

luca regini l.regini at diesgroup.com
Wed Mar 31 17:56:20 MST 2004

I have a chain made of 30 bodies connected to universal joints. The chain is
moving inside a tubular mesh and follows it walls. I am sliding it along the
tube using a slider joint.
Now i would like also to have the possibility to turn around the chain
around its own axis.
I have used an Angular motor connected to the bottom body of the chain.
Sadly this approach is unsatisfactory for two reasons:
1) It seems to me that rotation doesn't propagates correctly to the top
bodies of the chain, that is top bodies have a lower angular velocity than
the bottom.
2) The chain is very unstable when it bends a little following the walls of
the tube and when i try to rotate it...

Someone has some suggestion???

Greets,
Luca