[ODE] Subtractive Geometry

Brian Bell bbell at legitimatefront.com
Mon Mar 29 17:46:33 MST 2004

It seems to me that this is definitely doable with a custom geom class, that
aggregates the existing geom classes.  The additive geoms could be
represented internally as a standard composite geom.  The collision logic
for the geom would be something like ( colliding with additive-composite &&
!colliding with subtractive ).

The only problem I see is supporting surface collisions along the
subtractions.  It seems that this could be handled properly if all the geom
classes handle interior surface collisions properly, which I'm almost
positive they don't.  But that seems like something that could be added...

Brian