[ODE] XODE - finalisation

Chris Gregan chris at torcinteractive.com
Thu Mar 25 14:04:15 MST 2004

The format is looking great, good work!

Just looking at the tri-mesh format again. The indices format looks a little
bit inconsistent compared with the vertices format.  As the indices always
specify triangles would it not be more succinct to use <i a="1" b="2" c="3">
?

This makes the winding order explicit, groups each triangle together for
ease of reading (by a human) and a uses a few less characters. It may also
be slightly easier to parse and/or validate.

One issue is that we would no longer really be specifying indices so much as
triangles so the surrounding tags should probably be changed to <triangles>
instead of <indices>.

My apologies if this has been discussed to death already!