[ODE] where are the dxWorld, etc.. structs defined?

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Tue Mar 23 20:38:51 MST 2004

> struct dxWorld;		/* dynamics world */
> struct dxSpace;		/* collision space */
> struct dxBody;		/* rigid body (dynamics object) */
> struct dxGeom;		/* geometry (collision object) */
> struct dxJoint;
> struct dxJointNode;
> struct dxJointGroup;
> where are the contents of these structs defined?
> I can only find their declaration in common.h

You don't really need them (unless you're planning to dig into ODE source
code, of coruse).

They are forward declarations, and typedef'ed as body/world/etc IDs that are
usually the first parameter to ODE functions.

All object management (setters, getters, arbitrary "methods") are via
corresponding ODE functions. So, it's C style interface (although inside it's
normal C++).

That said, the structures are defined in objects.h that is *inside* ODE
sources (not the public one).

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/