[ODE] XODE - should angles be in degrees or radians?

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Fri Mar 19 15:16:55 MST 2004

We could go with the objects=elements and properties=attributes model
but then we would have to make it consistant thoughtout.  Should the
other element of joint 'link2' be an attribute as well?  What about
mass, and torque, and force of Body?  The latter two have multiple
attributes themselves so it would have to be "torquex" "torquey" etc...
Wouldn't having everything as attributes make the file a bit of a mess?

Personally I think this:

                         <axis>
                             <rotation x="0" y="-1" z="0" />
                      <lowStop>0</lowStop>
                      <hiStop>0</hiStop>
                      <vel>0</vel>
                      <fMax>0</fMax>
                      <fudgeFactor>1</fudgeFactor>
                      <bounce>0</bounce>
                      <CFM>0</CFM>
                      <StopERP>0.05</StopERP>
                      <StopCFM>0.0001</StopCFM>
                      <SuspensionERP>0.05</SuspensionERP>
                      <SuspensionCFM>0.0001</SuspensionCFM>
                    </axis>

Looks better than this:

<axis rotationx="1" rotationy="1" rotationz="1" lowStop="0" hiStop="0"
vel="0" fMax="0" fudgeFactor="0" bounce="0" CFM="0" StopERP="0"
StopCFM="0" SuspensionERP="0" SuspensionCFM="0" />

I have used attributes in many places - but I just figured that they
arn't suited for everything.  Visualisation wise, personally, if I see
an element with only a value and no child elements, I assume it is a
property of the parent element anyway.

Do we need to vote on this too?

Cheers,

Will.