[ODE] Capped Cylinder bs. box collision problem.

Jesper Hansen jesper at funkybuddhas.org
Fri Mar 19 03:06:01 MST 2004

Hi.

I have played around with ode the last few days, and I'm having a blast
:)
I am having one problem though, small capped cylinders does not seem to
interact that well with boxes.

When a capped cylinder has a high enough speed to go from not touching
the box at all, to be completly inside the box in one frame, they seem
to just continue though the box, even tough the cylinder goes just
below the surface of the box.

I have looked through much of the mail archive, and have not found any
mentioning of the problem :(

I would prefer to use capped cylinder instead of boxes for my ragdolls
(Ragdolls seem to be like hello-world, you just have to make one when
you get your hands on a physic-engine :) as it would seem to give the
limbs a more natural feel (ie. they would be rotated slightly in
reference to the torso/pelvis.

--
Jesper Hansen