[ODE] Re: XODE - should angles be in degrees or radians?

Matthew D. Hancher mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 18 11:17:30 MST 2004

Oh yeah, I meant to say, since I was writing the list anyway, that
I too vote for picking only one of radians or degrees.

I'd also vote weakly for radians, to make it more plausible that a
program could save the ODE state to an XODE file and read it back
identically.  (Obviously there are some floating point / ASCII
issues they'd need to resolve, but if you don't even use the
same scale that ODE uses internally then it's pretty much a lost
cause.)

mdh

Matthew D. Hancher
NASA Ames Research Center