[ODE] XML ODE Data Interchange Format (revision 5)

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Mar 15 09:09:06 MST 2004

> The XSL argument is a very good one, and one which solves the whole
> ordering format argument (ie. being able to specify x,z,y) without the
> need for smarter importers.

There is a huge time penalty for putting each vertex in an element.

Do you ACTUALLY intend to process your vertex data with XSLT? I mean, enough to make up for the fact that the format just won't scale for large level loads?

Big arrays of data works better. I'd be happier if you could specify some number of extra elements per vertex (and per triangle!) but I think element-per-vertex is WAY over-flexible (much worse than allowing X, Y and Z to be in different orders in a format specifier, which I'm also not for :-).

Anyway, you does what you does. Except I believe it won't scale if you do it in a particular way.

Cheers,

			/ h+