[ODE] 3D rendering library to use with ODE

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Thu Mar 11 14:05:31 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 11:56, Eronen, Marko wrote:
> German,
>
> I built something very similar to what you described - a 3D simulator with differential drive robots.
> I used odeforjava0.11 which is a java binding to ODE. This way the rendering was all done using Java3D API, setting textures and camera positions is not too difficult.
>
> If I was to do it again I would look at using Javaode instead https://odejava.dev.java.net/

I also recommend Odejava.

I am using it and it very nice to work in.  It has both a low level
binding which is 1:1 to the ODE API and a High Level O-O library.

It works very well with Xith3D which is an OpenGL scenegraph similar to
Java3D.

If the XODE format is standardized, you can be sure I will shortly
thereafter add support for it in Odejava.

Will.

--
William Denniss - will@ http://tanksoftware.com/