[ODE] 3D rendering library to use with ODE

German Viscuso netquake at speedy.com.ar
Wed Mar 10 15:38:18 MST 2004

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to build a 3d simulator where I have 10 robots, each one of them
is just a textured cube with two lateral wheels (differential drive). I want
to apply power to each wheel's motor (each wheel has it's independent motor)
to move the robots over a field.
For the physics I would like to use ODE but I'm not sure about the 3d
rendering engine.
Can you recomend one that is suitable for working with ODE?
My requirements:
I need it to be accesible (api) via a windows dll (cannot use static
librarires) and I would like it to be high level (because I don't want to
get mad with low level 3d rendering) (but I may be willing to learn a middle
level api if it's good enough). I need to be able to set textures on
rendered objetcs and change camera positions dinamically. And of course it
must work smoothly with ODE. Also it would be nice if it had some kind of
limited GUI support.

Thanks to everybody.

GV