[ODE] RE: Cone and Terrain

Eric Buchanan buchanan at email.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 9 10:34:30 MST 2004

Benoit,

I would agree with the previous poster about the need for Geom position and
orientation support. I'm current working on a simulation and we plan in the
future to start using very large terrains at high resolution(hopefully 1cm or
better) for multiple km traverses and to do this feasible we have decided to
load our terrain as patches dynamically as needed.

The current terrain object is wonderfully easy to use, but would benefit
greatly from being able to be translated and rotated and what not. Otherwise
I'm going to be forced to use triangle meshes, which just don't seem as quick
and certainly aren't as memory efficient.

And while this is certainly my problem, not yours. This is a good example of
why using more than one terrain, and being able to move them is useful.

Eric Buchanan