[ODE] Exploding Model

Marty Rabens marty at rabens.com
Mon Mar 8 14:28:29 MST 2004

Well, assuming your units are meters, if you drop a human from a height
of 1000 meters, having it explode into pieces sounds pretty realistic to
me.  ;o)

Seriously, though, it sounds like you're just having stability problems,
due to the extreme velocity you likely have at contact.  Read the FAQ
entry for making stable simulations
(http://q12.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MakingStableSimulations).
And you may just need to make your world step size smaller.

Regards,
  Marty Rabens