[ODE] XML ODE Data Interchange Format

Jani Laakso jani.laakso at itmill.com
Sun Mar 7 17:14:07 MST 2004

William Denniss wrote:

> I'll make a revision to the spec tomorrow taking into account these and
>
>the other comments received to date.

William, I'd assume editors export the whole simulation "as-is" on any
given time user hits the export button, so the simplest case would be to
export simulation same way. User can use editors to create an simulation
that consist of single car and nothing more, but the final simulation
can consists of huge number of entities. I'm here calling an ODE object
as an entity, e.g. truck, jeep, motorcycle or house is an entity.

Here's a quick alternative:

<xode>
  <!-- this file has been accessed using ODEd editor -->
  <extension id="1" name="ODEd" />
  <!-- ODEd defines it's own data -->
  <ext id="1">
    <version>1.0</version>
    <files id="1" path="./motorcycle.3ds" />
    <files id="1" path="./jeep.3ds" />
    <files id="1" path="./truck.3ds" />
  </ext>
  <world id="1">
    <!-- Define all entities for the simulation -->
    <entity name="motorcycle1">
        <space id="1" />
        <position />
        <quaternion />
        <geom />
        <!-- ODEd defines it's own data -->
        <ext id="1">
          <mesh id="1" node="chassis" />
        </ext>
    <jointgroup />
    </entity>
    <entity name="truck1" />
    <entity name="jeep1" />
    <entity name="jeep2" />
    <entity name="jeep3" />
    <entity name="house" />
      <geom />
    </entity>
  </world>
</xode>

By the way, what does the name attribute mean on xode tag? Are you
planning to support only one entity per file?

--
Jani Laakso / IT Mill Ltd | Tel. +358 40 5898086 | http://www.itmill.com