[ODE] Collision against large areas of static geometry

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Mar 6 21:57:59 MST 2004

I was able to create a 1,000,000-poly TriMesh terrain in some recent tests,
and it worked fine except for excessive setup time (about 20 seconds on a
3.4 GHz P4).  As long as your total poly count is at least an order of
magnitude less than that, you should be OK with one big TriMesh geom.

In my case, I ended up splitting the world into 1024 separate TriMesh geoms
with either two triangles or 1,024 triangles each, depending on local
flatness.  That works OK, too.

-- jm