[ODE] World step size problem

João Rangel jpgr at mega.ist.utl.pt
Tue Mar 2 16:36:51 MST 2004

Hi,

I am making a simple car game with ode, and i'm having a little problem with
my world.step() function, that i would like to ask for your help.

The problem is that when I try my game with world.step(0.00001), the result
is the same as when I try it with world.step(100000). Shouldn't the car goes
very much faster with a 100000 step? Did I undesrtand wrong the step
argument?

When I run the game in a more slow computer, the speedometer goes at normal
speed (which means that the frame rate is ok) but the car moves very very
slowly. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Joao Rangel