[ODE] AutoDisable

Cameron Bonde cameron.bonde at ninelanterns.com.au
Mon Mar 1 16:32:22 MST 2004

Hmm, I don't know anything really, but at the point which things rest
they have to be touching something, or at least if the last thing it
touched was within it's 'shimmy' threshhold, can't (for example) the top
object tell everything its touching to add it to a their 'reenable'
list. Then when the thing under it moves it goes through its list and
tells them to reenable themselves. Basically so it doesn't matter if
there is an actual collision happening or not, because that's been
decided before hand. So in a wall of boxes if the floor was moved down
the reenabling would cascade up the wall. I'm no doubt back in 1st grade
stuff here, but I thought I'd ask/share anyway :)