[ODE] RE: dTerrainAndCone contribution ready for prime time?

Gabriel Gambetta ggambett at artech.com.uy
Mon Jun 21 11:56:28 MST 2004

> So, it turns out that the poor results I was seeing with the dTerrainY
> height-field collider contribution were caused by the same problem
that
> was making the new Croteam trimesh colliders look bad: insufficient
> contacts.

That's weird... I finally decided to use another collider (I took the
collider from another open source project (LGPL or more free, I don't
remember), Slickworm, and modified it a bit to make it placeable etc)
and it works fine for simple stuff (I have a car, the usual 4 spheres
and a bunch of boxes) and few collisions (6, I think). And the collider
itself is quite simple.

But anyway, it would be great for ODE to have some kind of "official"
terrain collider.

	--Gabriel