[ODE] ODE 0.50 distribution

Ed Jones ed.jones at oracle.com
Thu Jun 10 14:45:55 MST 2004

FYI; I've also experienced problems with the latest (0.5 release, single
precision, msvc-dll) version of ODE when colliding CCylinders with
Trimeshes.
Boxes and Spheres work perfectly. Capped cylinders seem to go about
halfway through the mesh then either slowly sink through the rest of the
way or explode in random directions, depending on whether I set a
maximum correction velocity or not.

I've tried tweaking the gravity, the mass, the size of the triangle in
the mesh, using step v.s quickStep. But nothing seems to make a
difference. The boxes and spheres still work and the ccylinders don't!
Everything else works just fine, and ccylinders collide with other
things (including planes) perfectly.

For eye-candy purposes only, there's a picture of the spheres and boxes
working correctly (obviously I didn't show the capsules not working!) here;
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4696&start=39