[ODE] Some SSE in Quick step

Pierre Terdiman pierre.terdiman at novodex.com
Wed Jun 2 16:02:35 MST 2004

> The blend version only sits within the static lib (see 'lib d3dx.lib
> /extract:obj\i386\d3dumath.obj').
>
> SSE/3DNow comes with the dll:
> $ objdump.exe -d d3d9.dll |grep pfrsqit1
>    502c8d:       0f 0f c3 a7             pfrsqit1 %mm3,%mm0
> [snip]
> $ objdump.exe -d d3d9.dll |grep rsqrtps
>    4a63ac:       0f 52 d1                rsqrtps %xmm1,%xmm2
> [snip]
>
> ... unless i'm sadly mistaken.

Errr, but then it means D3DX doesn't use this instruction at all or somehow
generates the code, because "d3d9.dll" is not "d3dx". It's just not the same
thing. In particular, "d3d9.dll" won't accelerate your matrix operations...
(unless they changed something since last time I checked this, of course).

- Pierre