[ODE] Some SSE in Quick step

tbp ode at ompf.org
Wed Jun 2 15:15:18 MST 2004

Pierre Terdiman wrote:
> I didn't follow the thread, but IIRC D3DX is a static lib that doesn't
> depend on d3d9.dll.
>
> So, if the post below means "using D3DX forces you to link with d3d9 + a
> string of dependent libs as well", I think it's wrong.
The blend version only sits within the static lib (see 'lib d3dx.lib
/extract:obj\i386\d3dumath.obj').

SSE/3DNow comes with the dll:
$ objdump.exe -d d3d9.dll |grep pfrsqit1
   502c8d:       0f 0f c3 a7             pfrsqit1 %mm3,%mm0
[snip]
$ objdump.exe -d d3d9.dll |grep rsqrtps
   4a63ac:       0f 52 d1                rsqrtps %xmm1,%xmm2
[snip]

... unless i'm sadly mistaken.

	tbp.

PS: picked the sqrt mnemonic because it's rare enough.