[ODE] Does there exist a convex hull addition for ODE?

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Mon Jul 26 17:36:05 MST 2004

Does there exist any sort of convex hull geom/Qhull wrapper/whatever, much
like OPCODE was integraded for tri-meshes?  Or has anyone done any work on
integrating such in the past?

(I saw a few mentions of people wanting a convex hull collider in the
archives - some even pointed to qhull specifically - and there's a few
comments mentioning convex hulls in the opcode sources, but I'm not seeing
where anyone's posted that they've integrated them, or much mention of them
at all?)

It's my understanding that convex hulls can provide faster (and possibly
more accurate as far as penetration goes - not sure on how they would do
this though?) collision than something general-case like OPCODE, but perhaps
the difference isn't substantial when compared to OPCODE's performence?

-Megan Fox / "Shalinor"
Lead Developer, Elium Project (http://www.elium.tk)