[ODE] error with flat cylinder - trimesh collision

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Fri Jul 23 13:36:40 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Jack Nova wrote:

> Hello,
> sometimes (max 1-2 min.) I get an error message if flat cylinder and trimesh
> (or box difficult to tell) collide:
>
> ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1:
> assertion "Index >= 0 && Index < (Flags & 0x0ffff)" failed in
>  <...path...>\collision_util.h:335
>
> It seems it happens when I collide with the flat side (push ist in low angel
> in the static trimesh).
>
> What does this assertion mean?
> Maybe any triangel left in the collision process ... what Index is checked?
> Can I avoid it?

I also have a problem with flat cylinder<->trimesh. As long as the
cylinder is "rolling" it works quite well, but when the cap touches the
mesh strange things happen. Sometimes the cylinder simply rests on the
mesh, but more often jumps or jitters. I've found out that some of the
contact points between the cylinder and trimesh are really far from the
cylinder, I've put some screenshots here: http://kuku.eu.org/ode/
(the red lines indicate contact points and normals)

(but I don't get any "internal errors"...)

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::