[ODE] PSCL implemented in Rocket

scott scott+ode at escherichia.net
Wed Jul 21 17:52:24 MST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:47:02AM +0100, James Arthur wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:03:47 -0700 (PDT), james at 6msoft.com
> <james at 6msoft.com> wrote:
> > The language is an attempt at creating an open
> > standard for physics scene definition in such a way that it's not bound to
> > a specific physics engine. The language can be executed from a command
> > line, from a batch script file, or from within another scripting language
> > like Lua, making it extremely robust. There is also importers and
> > exporters for a XML version of PSCL and KAT.
>
> Excellent! This is just what I've been looking for.
>
> How easy would it be to hook it in with ODE?
>
> James

In a posting to another mailing list, the other developer of PSCL/rocket
indicated that much of the project will be released in an open-source
format over the upcoming month(s).  Already, there are some fairly
detailed docs for PSCL available in windows help format that get installed
when you install the Rocket demo.

I would be very interested in being involved in an attempt to get ODE working
with PSCL, once the next iteration of the PSCL is released.