[ODE] Picking objects

Manohar B.S sciphilog at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 06:02:55 MST 2004

Ya, spring-damper works nice when tuned properly. But
I didn't get the cear idea what you have done with the
Robot Arm. Can you explain with a small code.

 when you say follow the 'Proxy' at best => it means
to 'Constrain' the physical object to the position of
the proxy as in a joint (LCP). Some people do this by
connecting the 'proxy' and the ODE body with a
spherical joint (or any other joint). This should work
fine I guess.

 When you say 'Clamp' acceleration and velociy it
means you are playing with State params as per your
'taste' => in other words fuzzyfication.

 -- Manohar BS.
www.scientifik.org