[ODE] Explosions

Lene tullerud at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 16:52:55 MST 2004

Hi,

I need some help implementing explosions in my game.
I've tried searching the archives, but most threads
seem to be about unwanted explosions :)

An example: Say I have a big cube composed of smaller
cubes (5 x 5 x 5 matrix) in my scene. I want the cube
in the bottom center to explode and create a shockwave
that hurls the other cubes outwards. Any easy ways to
achieve this? I also want the shockwave to have an
outer limit/radius. That is, cubes/objects which are
outside the blast radius shouldn't be affected (unless
of course they are hit by other cubes).

Thanks in advance!