[ODE] Successive rotations

Jon Woodard woodardj at umich.edu
Thu Jul 8 17:48:30 MST 2004

Hi, I have a question about using ODE's rotation setting functions.

	I'm trying to build a hexagonal arena, with walls that are 'sloped'
outward (Imagine a very geometric salad bowl.) and I'm using 'box'
geometries to make the walls, one for each side.  I'm having trouble
doing both the rotation to make them in the form of a hexagon and
sloped outward, since there's only the 'setrotation' function, and no
way to multiply rotation matrices (that I can see in the docs, anyway)
I'm wondering if I can apply two direct rotations (axis-angle or euler)
in a row, knowing the order.  For example, be able to rotate the block
into hex-position first, then tip it outward, or vice versa.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jon Woodard

Jonathan R. A. Woodard		Phone: (734) 665-0157
College of Engineering		Cell: (734) 355-2327
University of Michigan		email: woodardj at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48104		web: http://www.industrial-bloc.com