[ODE] Rotating of bodies

Michael.Rauh at eads.com Michael.Rauh at eads.com
Tue Jul 6 11:13:06 MST 2004

Of course. The  body itself doesn't care whether it is rotated
or translated in respect to any point of your world. In its local
system, it always represents the same body with the mass
structure you provided.

Hi,

my question is:

After assigning the Mass structure to a body, are the mass properties of
the body also rotated and translated when moving a body with the commands
    dBodySetPosition
    dBodySetRotation and the commands for moving geom object, which when
assigned to a body also moves the associated body.

My question is because I want to use the Transform Geom Object for
representing an hierarchical Object. Now I can use this object to rotate
the associated bodies with rotating the Transform Geom Object.
But are the associated mass properties of the bodies also rotated.

Thanks for any advice.

ODE mailing list
ODE at q12.org