[ODE] how to glue bodies together ?

Nate W coding at natew.com
Tue Jan 27 23:58:54 MST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Brian Clarkson wrote:

> Can anyone let me know what may bite our bums if we use fixed joints
> in production. Would a slider with limits be faster than fixed joints.

Fixed joints (and sliders 'motorized' to be immobile) require math, and
math requires time.  If you got rid of those joints and just merged the
masses and geoms and used a single body, you'd gain some performance.

If you have sufficient performance already... ship it.  :-)  The fixed
joint approach probably makes for simpler, cleaner, more maintainable
code, and there's something to be said for that as well.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA