[ODE] dCylinder problems and future

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Tue Jan 27 19:44:41 MST 2004

The cylinder-vs-cylinder code does work, assuming you have the latest patch
with the dCylCyl call fix mentioned on the list earlier.  But it's not very
stable, because it can generate only one contact point, which isn't enough
for any type of circular-edge collision.  The contact point is also
occasionally subject to slight penetration (I'm not sure why).

I don't see any reason not to go ahead and add dcylinder.cpp to the main
library, as long as its limitations are mentioned prominently in the docs.

-- jm