[ODE] Record and Playback

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jan 27 18:57:00 MST 2004

> I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "send them."  Are you talking
> about the data that's sent over the network?  If so, what do you mean by
> "every step"?  I send a player command packet at regular intervals
> (around 250ms if I recall).

You need to round your data at the end of each step of simulation. That way, small errors don't accumulate, until the small errors happen to lie right on the boundary of rounding/truncation. It's a bit like doing integer math only, except with the FPU and just forcing a specific precision at the end of each simulation step.

Cheers,

			/ h+