[ODE] Record and Playback

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jan 27 14:51:23 MST 2004

> So what's the solution to all this?  I've done some net searching, and
> haven't come up with anything conclusive.  Different people have
> different answers, many of which contradict each other (e.g., some
> people say setting the fp precision via processor instructions solves
> the problem, others say it doesn't).  I've seen it suggested that you

Setting the precision and rounding mode control bits is necessary, but not sufficient.

You should round/truncate your values EVERY STEP before you send them. This helps a lot.

It also helps to send the full baseline every so often (every 10 seconds?) which will help in the case where two slightly-different results round differently (you'll always have that case).

If you're studly, you detect out-of-sync and only send full-state where necessary.

Cheers,

			/ h+