[ODE] Record and Playback

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Tue Jan 27 09:59:01 MST 2004

Brian Clarkson wrote:
> Any body got any comments. Can any one confirm the repeatability of body
> behaviour with repeated input forces and collisions.

While I'm not sure whether it's an explicit design goal, there
should be nothing in ODE that creates nondeterministic behaviour,
except for dStepFast() which uses the libc random number generator
(and thus you need to reseed this for reproducable behaviour).

There have been reports in the past of people achieving (reportedly)
totally reproducable behaviour.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"At this point the rocket becomes engorged with astronauts."