[ODE] dCylinder problems and future

Panayoti pany2002 at urbansquall.com
Thu Jan 22 15:00:35 MST 2004

I haven't yet had the opportunity to play with the dCylinder
contribution, but I had two questions:

1) Is the recent work John Miles (and perhaps he can answer this best)
sufficient to promote the dCylinder to official ODE primitive status
(according to a search of the mailing list archives, it was the cylinder
versus cylinder code that prevented it before)?

2) Does anyone have any clues on where I could get started on
implementing flat cylinder versus trimesh collisions? It seems a shame
that such a useful primitive would have support for collisions against
everything but the necessary (at least in my case) trimesh. I would
glady contribute it, if I ever manage to get it working. :)

Pany