[ODE] TriMesh Assertion failure

Brian Clarkson brianclarkson at btconnect.com
Tue Jan 20 23:09:34 MST 2004

Hi,

Has anyone seen this problem before. I am getting an assertion failure from
the TriMesh collision tests when the number of contacts
generated exceeds the number I request in the call to dCollide(). Am I
correct in thinking that the collision code should be limiting
the number of contacts it generates to the number I request or is the
assertion just to let me know I have to increase the size of
the contacts array I pass in. I am asking for 4 contacts max which seems to
be fine for my app. Under some conditions dCollide() is generating 7 and 10
which causes the assertion. I have looked at the TriMesh code and I can't
see anywhere that the number of contacts is checked against the number
requested.

Any comments?

Brian..