[ODE] make a sphere jump only when there is ground below

Timothy Pratley timothypratley at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 14:06:19 MST 2004

Hi there,

I'm simulating a very simple world (my main character
is a 'marble' sphere) and I want to be able to launch
my character upward as though he/she had jumped... but
only if there is something to jump off. That is I
don't want them to be able to jump if they are not on
the ground. My first thought was to add to the up of
LinearVelocity in a collision callback, is there a
better way?

Regards,
Tim.