[ODE] Cylinder-cylinder collison bug?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Jan 16 20:50:18 MST 2004

While trying to diagnose a cylinder-cylinder collision bug, I ran across
line 1106 in the current version of contrib/dcylinder.cpp:

------
int num = dCylCyl
(dGeomGetPosition(o1),dGeomGetRotation(o1),cylRadius1,cylLength1,
				   dGeomGetPosition(o2),dGeomGetRotation(o2),cylRadius2,cylRadius2,
				     normal,&depth,&code,flags & NUMC_MASK,contact,skip);
------

Shouldn't the end of the second line read "cylRadius2, cylLength2"?  It
looks like it's passing the radius of the second cylinder instead of its
length.

Cylinder-cylinder tests still appear somewhat flaky, but they weren't
working at all in my particular test case until I made the above change.

-- jm