[ODE] integration with cal3d?

DjArcas djarcas at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:16:22 MST 2004

Ragdoll is PERFECT if you want to simulate someone who died instantly. Since
UT2003 had them, the rest of the world has gotten bored of them, in the same
way that physics coders got bored of ragdoll demos 5 years ago.

To get a good looking 'ragdoll', I would suggest trying something akin to
what MathEngine had. You have your animation playing. When a force above a
certain threshold happens to a part, that part is affected by physics - but
it's also exterting a force to try and get back to it's correct animation
place. So your shot-in-the-leg character will stumble, if the rest of your
IK chain can cope with it :)
That's the basis of what that amazing Endorphin does. How did they put it?
"breathe life into your characters - ragdoll is dead"

Just my 2c :)