[ODE] ode and sound effects

Manohar B.S sciphilog at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 00:55:03 MST 2004

I raised this question some time back in this mail
archive, but didn't get much.

 I did it like this:
 When two bodies collide, b1 & b2, some % of total
energy is lost. of this lost energy some is lost as
sound.

 Before Colission: E_total_before = E_b1 + E_b2;
 After Colission : E_total_after = E_b1 + E_b2;

 Sound_Amplitude = k * (E_total_before-E_total_after)
 0 < k < 1

 Energy, I mean Kinetic, or what ever.

 I used OpenAL and FMOD to pleace the listner in the
camera position. and the pleace of contact of b1 & b2
can be used as the source of audio.

 What you relly need to implment is a Sound Even
Stack, which is an indepenednt thread. The colission
event if significant, could be sent to the Sound Stack
processor to render the sound texture.

 For ground hitting I used sort of mummering sound.
for others I used metal-metal hit sound.

 Cheers
Manohar