[ODE] Ragdoll performance with OpenDE

Noley Edge noleyedge at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 09:30:50 MST 2004

I am attempting to do something similar and have run
into problems that I have posted here previously. I
have defined joints - hinge and ball type. My ragdolls
collapse to the ground when the simulation begins.
Also, when my ragdoll collidies with anything the
geomtries come apart and are jetisoned off to
neverland. I can't seem to keep the "ball in the
socket" or the hinges "together".  Very frustrating.

Can you give me some examples of the parameters that
you defined for your joints (axis, anchor, erp,
cfm,lowstop, histop, etc.)?

Are all of the geometries for a ragdoll in a single
space? Single joint group?

Do you have to do anything manually to maintain the
joints after collision?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--Noley