[ODE] Performance comparisons between different physics engines..

Konstantin Voloshin volk6 at mail.ru
Mon Jan 12 17:08:39 MST 2004

Hello

There was a message by Russ a long time ago concerning possible
improvement of ODE approach to resolving penetrations:
http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2002-April/005135.html

Briefly, that was about correcting bodies position instead of velocity
in case of penetration. A few months ago Adam Moravanszky
from Novodex posted that he has a working version of that idea.

Nate W.> Novodex is not prone to explosions after deep penetrations
Nate W.> - penetrations are resolved gradually rather than explosively.

This reminded me conversation with Adam a lot. I think, it's very
likely that the Novodex behaviour Nate has mentioned might come
from that algorithmic feature.

All this made me wonder, if that positional-correction approach
would fix StepFast problem with building stable walls of enabled
cubic bodies. Has anybody tested Novodex on this case (Nate,
Adam) ?

Konstantin