[ODE] Best workaround for dxHashSpace::collide2()

Marty Rabens marty at rabens.com
Mon Jan 12 16:08:47 MST 2004

I'd like to do collision detection between a single geom and a space.  I
can't use dSpaceCollide2() with my geom and space if the space is a hash
space (because dxHashSpace::collide2() isn't implemented).  Which of the
following two workarounds would give me the best performance?

1. Use a simple space instead of a hash space.
	or
2. Put the geom by itself in its own space, and dSpaceCollide2() between
that space and the hash space containing everything else.

Thanks,
  Marty Rabens