[ODE] integration with cal3d?

Pierre Terdiman pierre.terdiman at novodex.com
Mon Jan 12 18:09:18 MST 2004

> Check out Pierre Terdiman's excellent Flexporter - a free Max exporter
> plugin that allows you to write your own plugin for it (now there's a
> sentence).  For example, you could use Max's gizmos as collision
primitives
> around meshes.

Yes, we used those gizmos at first for that exact purpose.

If you want to export actual primitives (mainly boxes, spheres, capsules)
Flexporter also exposes the native MAX creation parameters (the ones you
setup in those rollup panels at creation time). So you don't even have to
attach, say a sphere gizmo to a sphere mesh.... You already get the type
(sphere) and creation params (center/radius), which guarantees the bounding
sphere is very accurate (typically better than a recomputed bounding sphere
around the sphere's vertices). It's even more useful for capsules.

Now, MAX is clearly not enough for that kind of stuff, in particular for
joints. This old document describes one approach we tried some time ago:
http://www.codercorner.com/Joints.pdf

Pierre Terdiman

- Novodex AG (www.novodex.com)
- Personal : www.codercorner.com