Managed Wrapper (was: RE: [ODE] My ODE++)

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Jan 9 09:37:32 MST 2004

Perhaps you can elaborate? In case you lost the context, here's a summary:

- Someone was saying that a better C++ wrapper might make writing a managed ("CLR" "DOTNET" etc) API for ODE easier.
- I replied that I had written a managed API that's richer than the current wrapper available in contrib, and I described the approach I took, including wrapping using Managed DirectX APIs to reduce impedance.
- Someone replied that tieing the managed API to DirectX precluded other platforms from using the managed wrapper.
- The only other platform that could conceivably use that would be "DOTGNU" running under Linux, and, honestly, it's not currently anything I'd base a production-worthy effort on, which is what my joke was about. It seems that you were trying to prove that there are production efforts using DOTGNU on Linux, but I fail to see how your links apply.

Cheers,

			/ h+