[ODE] AutoDisable

Jani Laakso jani.laakso at itmill.com
Sun Feb 29 22:03:06 MST 2004

gl wrote:

> There is the remaining problem of what to do with disabled bodies that
> are
> resting on one that has just been reenabled.  If the reenabled one
> doesn't
> create a contact with the others (which automatically enables them too),
> they will end up floating in mid-air.

I've noticed this problem aswell. Is this one of the reasons why the
disable methods are not yet implemented on CVS head?

> One idea might be to extend a reenabled body's AABB a little, and
> checking
> which disabled bodies' AABBs are now intersecting, then re-enabling
> those.

This would work at least for some cases, the performance hit should be
quite reasonable, have you used this yourself? Have to check the API and
see if I can add this to Odejava's autoDisableBodies call.

Anyone with any other idea for avoiding floating & disabled bodies?

--
Jani Laakso / IT Mill Ltd | Tel. +358 40 5898086 | http://www.itmill.com